LANGARA COLLEGE PROGRAM AVAILABILITY LIST FOR SEP-2018
We would like to inform you regarding program offering and other important details of Langara College – The College of higher learning.It’s one of the SPP (government funded) community college in Canada.
College Name : Langara College (SPP College)
DLI # : O19319074622
Location : 100 West 49th Avenue, Vancouver, BC Canada V5Y 2Z6
Application Fees : $ 155 CAD (Non Refundable) http://langara.ca/admissions/application-information/international-students.html
Tuition Fees : $ 13,000 CAD to $ 16,000 CAD Approx.
- Overall 6.5 bands no band less than 5.5 for Diploma, University Studies, Associate Arts and Science Degree Programs.
- Overall 6.5 bands no band less than 6.0 for Post Graduate Diploma and Bachelor Degree.
- 1100 international students from 56 countries (800 in University-transfer)
- More students transferred to UBC than any other institution
- 10,000 full-time students (8,000 in University-transfer)
- 26 diploma and certificate programs open to international students
- Canada’s premier University Transfer institution
- Institution located on a park-like campus in a quiet, residential neighborhood between the airport and downtown Vancouver.
- Langara has large, modern classroom buildings with lecture theatres, multi-use classrooms, study and seminar rooms, science laboratories, computer labs, technical-vocational workrooms, and studios for the cultural and performing arts.
- Additional facilities include a bookstore, gymnasium with athletic services, student cafeteria, health services clinic, student union building, and parking lots.
- Canada’s biggest Homestay program ensures that international students get immediate support in an environment that is safe and promotes their social assimilation into Canadian society.
- Students can start anytime and continue their studies without interruption. This fast-track system allows students to complete their studies quickly if they so desire.
- International Education Volunteer Program (IEVP) provides training and leadership opportunities and offers a chance for students to serve in a variety of volunteer roles on campus.
- Paper based Application
- Notarized Colour documents required
- Students who do not meet the above English or Mathematics (Math Diagnostic Test – MDT) requirements may be admitted to the program as determined by the department.
- Student will Received Conditional offer with Student ID & Online Portal login Inform.
- Students are required to pay $ 6000 for Final Acceptance.
- After tuition fees payment student will received final offer letter for the visa filling process.
- It is Very important to register for the courses online through student Langara Portal. Student will receive intimation from college directly for course registration.
Easiest Way to Get PR:
Please refer British Columbia Immigration
SPP ADMISSION CRITERIA / GUIDELINES FOR HIGHER CHANCE OF VISA: (Recommended by CIC / Colleges)
- Fresher with good academics (Close to 60 % and above) will have good chance to get admit + Visa
- Gap in studies cannot be more than 1 years for UG and not more than 4 years for Graduates (do not submit fake experience certificate)
- Backlogs in core subjects and number of backlogs in same subject are being viewed with attention. Maximum number of 8 backlogs will be accepted. (For 12 + 4 max. 8 backlogs & for 12+3 max. 4 backlogs accepted)
- Minimum 55 % and above (higher second class) is must, However priority will be given to 60 % and above marks students
- In case of more than 8 backlogs – there should be 60 % in last 2 semester and no backlogs
- Core subject grads should be minimum 60 % and above including Math & English
- For Medical students, marks in Biology, Physics & Chemistry should be close to 60 % or above.
- For Non-Medical students, marks in Math, Physics & Chemistry should be close to 60 % or above.
- For Commerce students, marks in Accounting, Statistics, Business & Economics should be close to 60 % or above
PROGRAM AVAILABILITY LIST FOR SEP 2018 INTAKE
Pay by Wire Transfer
If you are overseas and wish to wire the money to the Langara College bank account, please note the following details:
Royal Bank of Canada
1025 West Georgia St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V6E 3N9
Swift Code #ROYCCAT2
Bank Transit Number: 00010
Account Number: 136-3183
On the wire transfer, you must indicate your full name, your Langara Identification Number, and the semester that you are paying for. Fax a copy of the wire transfer to Langara College Financial Services at 604.323.5600 to ensure the money is deposited to your student account.
- 100% of LSU and College fees paid will be refunded for all courses officially dropped prior to the registration system closure on the day before the first day of classes, excluding the commitment fee paid by International students.
- 100% of LSU fees and 80% of College tuition fees paid will be refunded for all courses officially dropped from the first (1st) to the fifth (5th) day of classes.
- No refunds will be provided after the registration system closes on the fifth (5th) day of classes. You must submit a copy of the letter of refusal for a Study Permit issued by a Canadian Embassy or Consulate Office.
- 100% of LSU fees and 80% of College fees paid will be refunded to students who officially drop Section A and B courses prior to registration system closing on the Section A and B fee payment deadline. The deadline will be on a day that is proportional to the end of the course period consistent with the regular semester deadline in 3.1 (as determined by the Registrar).
- “W” (withdrawal) notations on transcripts will commence the day following the last day for refunds.
In case of Visa refusal and/or withdrawal, student must have to bear difference amount while getting refund money from colleges and University due to dollar rate fluctuation. It will be less approximately Rs. 50,000/- to 60,000/-. Please explain to all your students as well as their parents in details regarding this difference amounts.