Okanagan College (SPP College)
British Columbia, Canada
Program Availability for Sep 2017 Intake
We would like to inform you about Okanagan College (SPP College) course structure and other details required for Admission, Public Funded & Govt. College also covered under SPP Program for SEP – 2017 Intake.
Okanagan College (SPP College) British Columbia, Canada
Website : http://www.okanagan.bc.ca/
DLI # : O19395299488 (First Letter is not Zero)
Address : 1000 K. L. O. Rd, Kelowna, BC V1Y 4X8, Canada
(3.5 hours’ drive from Vancouver)
Campus : 1) Penticton, 2) Kelowna, 3) Vernon, 4) Samon Arm-Revelstoke
Application Fees : Application Fees $100 (Credit card detail Require)
Application Deadline : Application Deadline October 31st & Documents Deadline November 15th
IELTS : Overall 6.0 with no band less than 5.5
(Diploma, Advanced Diploma & Certificate)
For PG & BBA 6.5 Not less than 6.0
Tuition Fees : $ 12,000 CAD – $ 16,000 CAD
- Okanagan College is a public, post-secondary institution with over 120 certificates, diplomas, degrees and programs including Apprenticeship & Pre-apprenticeship Trades programs. It’s largest campus is located in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada.
- Located in the Southern Interior of B.C., Okanagan College offers post-secondary education through each of its four regions, stretching from the Canada-U.S. border in the south to Revelstoke in the north.
- More than 20,000 students come to Okanagan College each year, including more than 7,000 full-time equivalent students taking programs from trades to technical certifications and university transfer courses.
- Our purpose and mission at Okanagan College Foundation is to advance the power of education by engaging individuals and communities in contributing to Okanagan College.
- The Foundation supports Okanagan College by:
- Building relationships with donors;
- Supporting capital projects and programs; and
- Managing financial resources responsibly and ethically.
- Programs that may be of interest to international students include: ESL courses/language training, vocational and trades programs and four-year degrees in both Business and Computer Information Systems. Many students also choose the university transfer program which allows students a smooth transition and cost-saving entry method into many of Canada’s most prestigious universities. The College also has a long history of successful study tours, student exchanges and customized group training programs.
- Affiliations : ACCC , CCAA , CBIE
About Kelowna City
- Kelowna is a city on Okanagan Lake in the Okanagan Valley, in the southern interior of British Columbia, Canada. It serves as the head office of the Regional District of Central Okanagan.
- The climate of Kelowna ishumid continental (Köppen climate classification Dfb), with dry, hot and sunny summers, cold, cloudy winters and four seasons.
- The service industry employs the most people in Kelowna, the largest city in the tourist-oriented Okanagan Valley. In summer, boating, golf, hiking and biking are popular, and in winter, both Alpine skiingand Nordic skiing are favourite activities at the nearby Big White and Silver Star ski resorts.
|SPP ADMISSION CRITERIA / GUIDELINES FOR HIGHER CHANCE OF VISA: (Recommended by CIC / Colleges)
· Fresher with good academics (Close to 60 % and above) will have good chance to get admit + Visa
· Gap in studies cannot be more than 1 years for UG and not more than 4 years for Graduates (do not submit fake experience certificate)
· Backlogs in core subjects and number of backlogs in same subject are being viewed with attention. Maximum number of 8 backlogs will be accepted. (For 12 + 4 max. 8 backlogs & for 12+3 max. 4 backlogs accepted)
· Minimum 55 % and above (higher second class) is must, However priority will be given to 60 % and above marks students
· In case of more than 8 backlogs – there should be 60 % in last 2 semester and no backlogs
· Core subject grads should be minimum 60 % and above including Math & English
§ For Medical students, marks in Biology, Physics & Chemistry should be close to 60 % or above.
§ For Non-Medical students, marks in Math, Physics & Chemistry should be close to 60 % or above.
§ For Commerce students, marks in Accounting, Statistics, Business & Economics should be close to 60 % or above
Important Note :
- A non-refundable deposit of $ 500.00 CDN is required to hold your seat in your program and will open your registration for your classes. This deposit will be applied to your tuition fees and is payable by the date noted in your letter of admission. The balance of tuition and student fees are payable before classes start.
- Okanagan College will strive to respond to your application within ten (10) business days. However, during busy times of the year, please allow for up to twenty (20) business days for a response.
- Once you have been accepted into your program you may need to register into your courses either online through your myOkanagan account or in person.
Okanagan College Program List for Jan 2017 Intake