Pearson test of English Academic has a lot of virtues. It helps people in getting approved for the immigration status of countries like Australia. There are a lot of reasons why people prefer the PTE exam (Academic) over IELTS. The biggest of them is that since no human evaluator is involved in PTE like in IELTS, there is no scope for subjectivity. The results of the PTE exam are likely to be more objective since the entire test consisting of sections like reading, writing, listening and speaking takes place in front of a PC. Visa House provides comprehensive training for all the sections of English and the visa aspirants can benefit from it tremendously.
The test also has other advantages which are as follows:
- It has the test results yielded within 5 business days as compared to IELTS results which take 12-13 days to arrive.
- The participants of the test can arrive 30 minutes before the test rather than arriving 1-2 hours before the test like in case of IELTS.
- The test takers can be assured of just scheduling the test only 24 hours before.
- This test is acceptable in so many universities in different countries like Australia, UK, Canada, New Zealand, Ireland and USA.
- This test is acceptable for immigration to Australia and New Zealand.
- Harvard, Insead School of Business and Yale which are prominent Ivy League universities in US also accept this test.
- The test format of this test is easy which makes sure that candidates just have to read a section of the text aloud while attempting the speaking part of the test.
- The candidates are also sent the test results via email which is quite convenient.
- A student can take the test any number of times and his best score is chosen for his assessment for a visa.
- The test results are valid for two years.
The details of this test
- The format of the test consists of 20 questions which can be either of the type multiple choices to understanding information or essay writing.
- In the 3 year duration of the test, there are 3 portions of the test which a user has to attempt like reading, writing, speaking and writing(both of which are combined into one).
- The types of these different portions are as follows:
- The Test portion of Speaking and writing has duration of 77-93 minutes and Consists of Essay writing and answering questions about images watched on the monitor. It also consists of speaking about oneself.
- The section of listening consists of Listening to paragraphs and answering questions
- The listener is also exposed to different accents in their listening session and they have to recognize the words.
- In India, the test centers for the PTE exam are located in different cities such as New Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai, Kochi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Coimbatore, Pune, Nagpur, Rajkot, Kolkata, Vijaywada, Patiala, Jalandhar and Chandigarh, and Hyderabad.
The participants of this the PTE academic exam can get complete assistance from the Visa House team.