Canada is the fourth largest country in terms of its size located in the northern part of the continent of North America. People are keen for immigration Canada due to the consistent high rankings of this country in the Human Development Index.
Immigration to Canada is the process by which people migrate to Canada to reside in this country. The majority of these individuals become Canadian citizens. After 1947, domestic immigration law and policy went through major changes, most notably with the Immigration Act, 1976, and the current Immigration and Refugee Protection Act from 2002. Canada immigration policies are still evolving.
As of January 2015, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has a new electronic system called Express Entry to manage applications for permanent residence under certain economic immigration programs.
The Salient features of Express Entry are as follow:
1. Candidates must meet the minimum documentation requirements for immigration in Canada such as getting educational credentials done and undergoing IELTS test and getting other critical documents ready. Where married, both these requirements must be met for spouse as well. Our team will be pleased to guide you on critical documents area once you have signed as our client.
2. A candidate who is seeking Canada Immigration needs to file the Express Entry form online on the CIC website. This form asks information about the relevant details of a candidate including his age, qualifications, Canadian work experience if any, language proficiency skills etc. Based on all these details, a candidate’s relevant score as per the point structure of the Express Entry is calculated.
3. He will be asked to indicate which of the economic class migrant programs he is making the application under – Federal Skilled Worker Class, Canadian Experience Class, and Federal Skilled Trades class.
4. The applicants for immigration in Canada will then file their profile into the Canadian job bank.
5. The applicants in the Express Entry pool are then ranked on the basis of their score by an electronic system. The candidates with the topmost scores are chosen from this pool and sent an ITA (Invitation to Apply).
6. Applications that are not chosen from the pool for one year are likely to be removed after a year and candidate will have to try his luck again.
7. Applicants chosen from the draw will be invited to file an application for permanent residence visa with CIC. This application must be filed within 90 days of receipt of invite failing which invite will be withdrawn. So is it critically important to be ready with complete file and all required critical documents at all times.
8. Rest of the process including background check and medical formalities are likely to be conducted at Local Canadian consulate during the interview of a candidate.
9. Finally, the candidate will be asked to submit right of landing fee and passports for stamping.