We would like to update you about George Brown College (Canada) program availability list for SEP 2018
Website : www.georgebrown.ca/international/
DLI # : O19283850612
Campus : Casa Loma Campus, St. James Campus, Waterfront Campus
Application fees : $ 65 CAD (Fees Waiver till October 08, 2017)
Tuition Fees : $ 13,000 CAD to $ 15,000 CAD Approx. (www.georgebrown.ca/international/futurestudents/tuitionfees/#newfeestructure)
DIPLOMA (2 Years), Advanced Diploma Program (3 Years) & Certificate: Minimum IELTS score required overall 6.0 band and no less than 5.5 in any module
Bachelor’s Degree (4 Years) and Post Graduate Diploma Program (P.G):-Minimum IELTS score required overall 6.5 band and no less than 6.0.
George Brown College
- Public Funded & Govt. College and also covered under SPP Program.
- Public, fully accredited college of applied arts and technology with three full campuses in downtown Toronto, Ontario. Like many other colleges in Ontario, GBC was founded in 1967 by the government of Ontario.
- Balancing work, home and education is easy at George Brown with full-time, part-time and continuing education programs to suit your availability and allowing you to work towards a diploma, degree or certificate. With over 140 full-time programs and 1,600 continuing education courses, you have an extensive range of options at the college.
- George Brown offers a wide variety of programs in art and design, business, community services, early childhood education, construction and engineering technologies, health sciences, hospitality and culinary arts, preparatory studies, as well as specialized programs and services for recent immigrants and international students.
- The college offers65 diploma programs, as well as six degree programs, one in conjunction with Ryerson University. An additional 47 certificate programs and 30 post-graduate programs round out the college’s full-time offering.
- There are 1,600 continuing education courses available. Currently, there are about 25,800 full-time students, including 3,500 international students, as well as over 60,000 part-time and continuing education students.
- George Brown is also the largest distance education college in Canada, with 12,000 students studying in over 30 countries. The most popular distance education program offered by the college is its award-winning  Electronics Technician distance education program, developed by Dr. Colin Simpson.
- George Brown College has 5 libraries:
- Casa Loma Library Learning Commons: 160 Kendal Ave. Room C330.
- ESL Resource Centre: 1 Dartnell Ave. Room 315 (D Building).
- St. James Library Learning Commons: 200 King St. East Room: 121.
- St. James – Centre for Hospitality & Culinary Arts e-Library: 300 Adelaide St. East, Room 111.
- Ryerson — Sally Horsfall Eaton Academic Resource Centre: 99 Gerrard East Room: 677.
- Offer letter processing time 6 – 8 weeks.
- Online Acceptance of offer is very important; please mind your acceptance deadline date as mentioned in offer.
- After offer acceptance only wire transfer will be generated in student portal.
- Tuition fees must be paid before deadline mention in College offer letter.
- Wire Transfer details are clearly mentioned in attached separate wire transfer letter with offer letter.
- When students are transferring funds through TT/ Wire Transfer. Please mention student’s full name, Date of Birth and Student’s College ID.
- 10th & 12th Passing Certificate / Migration is must to apply application.
Also, kindly note admission requirements do change from time to time. It is therefore very important that you periodically check the program requirements on www.georgebrown.ca/international/futurestudents/programs and when in doubt, please do not hesitate to contact us on below contact numbers for any query.
SPP ADMISSION CRITERIA / GUIDELINES FOR HIGHER CHANCE OF VISA: (Recommended by CIC / Colleges)
- Fresher with good academics (Close to 60 % and above) will have good chance to get admit + Visa
- Gap in studies cannot be more than 1 years for UG and not more than 4 years for Graduates (do not submit fake experience certificate)
- Backlogs in core subjects and number of backlogs in same subject are being viewed with attention. Maximum number of 8 backlogs will be accepted. (For 12 + 4 max. 8 backlogs & for 12+3 max. 4 backlogs accepted)
- Minimum 55 % and above (higher second class) is must, However priority will be given to 60 % and above marks students
- In case of more than 8 backlogs – there should be 60 % in last 2 semester and no backlogs
- Core subject grads should be minimum 60 % and above including Math & English
- For Medical students, marks in Biology, Physics & Chemistry should be close to 60 % or above.
- For Non-Medical students, marks in Math, Physics & Chemistry should be close to 60 % or above.
- For Commerce students, marks in Accounting, Statistics, Business & Economics should be close to 60 % or above
NOTARIZED DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED TO LODGE ONLINE APPLICATION
CONDITIONAL LETTER: – George Brown College will offer Conditional letters of Acceptance with IELTS test date confirmation for the SEP 2018 Intake.
|PROGRAM AVAILABILITY LIST FOR JAN 2018|
|Wire transfer details (There are three methods of payment available to you.)
Bank Name : The Bank of Nova Scotia
Bank Address : 44 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Account holder : George Brown College
Account Number : 91132-04176-10
Transit Number : 47696-002
SWIFT code : NOSCCATT
Routing Number : 026002532
- The applicant’s full name and student ID number must be quoted on the bank transfer from.
- CAD$ 15.00 should also be added to cover the Bank of Nova Scotia service charge. The sending bank may also levy a service charge.
- A copy of the receipt from the sending bank should be sent to us with confirmation page, as proof of payment.
WITHDRAWAL & REFUND POLICY FOR GEORGE BROWN COLLEGE INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- The College’s international refund and withdrawal policy is designed to be in compliance with Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities (MTCU) and Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC) guidelines.
- International students are responsible for ensuring that their Study Permit is valid while they are studying at George Brown College. Students whose Study Permits expire before the completion of their academic program – and who do not apply for a permit extension on time – cannot use an expired Study Permit or requirement for Study Permit restoration as a basis for a refund request after the refund deadline date has passed.
- Applicants, who withdraw because they have not met the required conditions for program admission, will still be required to pay the appropriate withdrawal fees.
- A post secondary level Study Permit (not high school) is required before beginning studies at the college level.
- Before a refund can be processed, funds covering the tuition fee must be in your College account (i.e., cheques and money orders cleared or bank transfers received).
- Refunds will be paid within six (6) weeks of the receipt of a signed, type-written request form from the student with all required documentation attached.
- As students holding Study Permits received their permit based on a Letter of Acceptance issued by George Brown College, any change in study status (e.g., you are no longer studying at the College) may be updated with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) as per the requirements of the International Student Program.
You must apply by completing a signed, type-written GBC official fill able Withdrawal/Refund Request Form on or before the deadline date or you will not be eligible for a refund. A Withdrawal/Refund Request Form is available for download here and a hard copy can also be picked up from George Brown International, and the GBC ESL Office.
Deadlines are as follows:
|English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Program||Post secondary Programs|
|Day 5 of the 8 Week session||Day 10 of the semester|
To ensure that students holding Study Permits are in compliance with the conditions of their permit, you will be required to provide one of the following to support your withdrawal/refund request:
- Withdrawal/Refund Form
A copy of a Letter of Acceptance from another designated educational institution; or
- Proof of return to your home country (e.g., one way airline e-ticket or used boarding pass). Refund processing will begin after the departure date on e-ticket/boarding pass or
- Letter of visa refusal from a Canadian Embassy or High Commission
If you are eligible for a refund, your refund will be sent to:
- Your new education institution (or to you if you have already paid tuition and provided proof of payment) or
- Your home country or
- The person who paid tuition on your behalf. In order to issue a refund to a person other than yourself, we require your signed authorization to issue the refund to that person. Please provide the person’s complete contact information, including address and telephone number.
If you miss the deadline for withdrawal, you are not eligible to receive a refund. However, if withdrawal is due to a serious medical of family emergency outside of your control, you can appeal to the Director, International Admissions & Student Services for consideration. Official documentation, such as a doctor’s certificate, is required to substantiate all claims of this nature.
- If this is the first session / semester of your program, and you have applied within the deadline date, you are eligible for a refund, less the non-refundable administrative fee
|English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Program
|Post secondary (Diploma/Certificate/Degree / PG Diploma Programs) Administrative Fee|
IMPORTANT: If you miss the deadline for withdrawal, you are not eligible to receive a refund.
However, if your withdrawal request is due to a serious medical or family emergency outside of your control, you may appeal to the Director, International Admissions & Student Services for consideration. Official documentation, such as a doctor’s certificate, is required to substantiate all claims of this nature.
- In all cases, the application fee of $65 is non-refundable.
- If you were refused a Study Permit, and have requested a refund within the deadline date, you are eligible for a refund, less a non-refundable administrative fee of $100. You must submit the letter of visa refusal from the Canadian visa office.
- There are no refunds for Health Insurance fees after the withdrawal deadline date. Refunds may be issued on or before the deadline date if no claims have been made against the plan.
- If you paid, but did not confirm or register, you are eligible for a refund, less a $100 non-refundable administrative fee.
- Subsequent semesters paid in advance: you are eligible for a refund, less a $100 non-refundable administrative fee, if request is made before the deadline date.
- R115 EAP students who pass the GBC Admissions test, providing entry into a certificate, diploma or degree program, and who withdraw from R115 before the deadline date, will not be charged a withdrawal fee.
- Before a refund can be processed, funds covering the tuition fee must have cleared and be in your College account.
- If you are eligible for a refund and you want the refund paid to a third party (a person other than yourself or another institution) who paid tuition on your behalf, we require your signed authorization on the Request Form to issue the refund to that person. Please provide the person’s complete contact information, including address and telephone number.
- Refunds will be paid within 6 weeks of the receipt of the Request Form (signed and type-written). The request form must include all required information and documentation. The process may take longer during peak/holiday periods.
POSTPONING OR SKIPPING A SESSION OR SEMESTER
If you are planning to postpone or skip a session / semester, you must withdraw from your program and pay the withdrawal fee. If you decide to return to the College, you must re-apply by completing an international student Application Form / Re-Admission Form and pay the non-refundable $65 application fee.
Please note that CIC regulations have established new study permit conditions requiring all students to enroll in and actively pursue a course or program of study after arrival in Canada.
However, if you have not registered and are planning to postpone or skip a future semester/session, you must withdraw from your program before the deadline period. There will be a $100 administrative fee. If you fail to withdraw before the deadline, you may be charged full semester fees.
If you decide to return to the College at a later date, you must re-apply by completing a Re-Admission Form, providing your current GBC ID.
R115 EAP students register per 8-week session. Students who are away from the program for between 1- 6 months can register to continue in the program without having to re-apply or re-test. Students who are away from the program for more than 6 months but less than 12 months can register to continue in the program without having to re-apply, but they must re-take the Level Placement Test. Students who are away from the program for more than 12 months must re-apply and re-test.
For Post secondary programs, attendance is expected as follows:
- September start programs: September to end of April, with a summer break from May to August.
- January start programs: There is no break in the first academic year. You are expected to attend from January to August, September to December, January to April, with a May to August break in the second academic year.
- May start programs: You are expected to attend from May to August, September to December, and January to April.
Please understand that when you defer admission to the next intake, you also need to withdraw from the intake to which first applied. You can opt to leave the funds in the account in the withdrawal Form.
Please note that if we do not receive the form by 10th day of college start, the student may lose his term fees.
In case of Visa refusal and/or withdrawal, student must have to bear difference amount while getting refund money from colleges and University due to dollar rate fluctuation. It will be less approximately Rs. 50,000/- to 60,000/-. Please explain to all your students as well as their parents in details regarding this difference amounts.
Airport Pickup & Accommodation:
We have already started sending applications for SEP 2018 Intake.